This week's new recipe is a hazelnut and date granola. It's perfectly spiced, has a touch of sweetness, and a delicious texture.
I’ve packed it full of seeds, coconut, oats, along with the hazelnuts and Medjool dates. If you're not a fan of hazelnuts you could swap them out for walnuts, almonds, or macadamias.
This granola is perfect served with poached pears or your favourite poached or fresh fruit and yoghurt. I also have a delicious poached pear recipe here on the website that will 'pair' perfectly with this.
You can store the granola in an airtight container in the pantry for a few months.
Enjoy the recipe and please let me know if you have any questions.
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- ¾ cup (100g) hazelnuts, very roughly chopped
- ¾ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (40g) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (40g) pepitas
- 3 tablespoons (50g) pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (25g) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (10g) vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 teaspoon (4g) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2g) ground cardamom
- 6-8 Medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F (fan forced).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the 1 cup rolled oats, ¾ cup hazelnuts, ¼ cup pepitas, ¼ cup sunflower seeds, ¾ cup shredded coconut, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon cardamom, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, then stir to combine.
- Pour and spread the mixture evenly onto a paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for 12-15 minutes, tossing the mixture every 5 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Once golden brown, remove the mixture, add the chopped dates, stir to combine, then allow to cool.
- Serve with poached pears, or your favourite poached or fresh fruit and yoghurt.
- Store in an airtight jar in the pantry or fridge.