This delicious recipe for baked chicken with lemon and thyme is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It's super easy to prepare, with very little hands-on time. Team this one up with your favourite vegetable and salad sides.
For best results, marinate the chicken overnight so the flavour can really develop, or if you're short on time, simply pop it straight in the oven after mixing for a delicious and hassle-free meal.
Hope you love this one and as always please let me know if you have any questions.
- 8-10 medium-sized free-range chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed or finely grated
- 2 lemons
- 1 small handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Place the chicken thighs into a large mixing bowl.
- Now add the olive oil, zest of 2 lemons, the juice of 1 lemon, the crushed or grated garlic, and the fresh thyme sprigs.
- Mix together until the chicken is coated.
- Cover and pop the chicken into the fridge to marinate for a few hours and up to two days.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat your oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Place the marinated chicken on a large baking tray and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes (the chicken should look golden and cooked all the way through).
- Once the chicken is cooked take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favourite salad and crusty bread or roast potatoes.