This weeks new recipe is this delicious quick and easy spaghetti with tuna, lemon zest, chilli flakes, and walnuts, topped with fresh parsley and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Yum!
I'll be cooking this recipe LIVE on Instagram and I'd love to have you join me + cook along! Thursday, April 9th 2020 - 6PM AEST (10AM CEST). I'll also post the live video here after the stream.
For a vegetarian version or if you don't have tuna you could use a drained can of cannelloni/butter beans instead. You could also use basil, or a combination of parsley & basil, or if you don't have any herbs rocket (arugula) or baby spinach will also work.
This recipe serves 2-3 but simply double the quantities to serve 4-5.
Enjoy the recipe and please let me know if you have any questions.
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped (you could also use almonds or pecans, or whatever you have available)⠀
- 1 large fresh clove garlic, finely grated or crushed
- Pinch of dried chili flakes, to your taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 185g tin of tuna in olive oil, drained
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley, including the stalks (you could also use basil, or a combination of parsley and basil, or if you don't have any herbs rocket (arugula) or baby spinach)
- 20g freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus extra for serving
- 250g Barilla Spaghetti No5 (half a packet)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place a large pot of water on to boil. Once the water has boiled add 1 tbs salt and the spaghetti.
- Cook the spaghetti for 8 minutes.
- Reserve some of the pasta water then remove from the heat immediately and drain.
- While the spaghetti is cooking place a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the walnuts to the dry pan and toast for roughly 2 minutes until the walnuts are lightly golden and fragrant.
- Remove the pan from the heat and turn the heat down to low.
- Add 1-2 tbs olive oil to the pan with the walnuts then add the chili flakes and garlic.
- Place the pan back onto the heat and sauté over low heat for a minute or two.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the tuna, parsley, and lemon zest.
- Add the drained spaghetti directly to the pan (don't place it back onto the heat).
- Stir the sauce into the spaghetti.
- Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano and 1-2 tbs of the reserved pasta water, then stir well to combine.
- Add extra pasta water as needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. Enjoy!