Sweet banana, salty dark chocolate and earthy roasted almonds, the perfect combination for a frozen sweet treat! This recipe is seriously SO easy to make! Simply blend, freeze, drizzle, sprinkle, freeze again and you have a delicious little sweet treat waiting for you to enjoy.
If you are super short on time, and the thought of drizzling the chocolate and sprinkling the almonds is too much, then no worries! Simply finely chop the chocolate and add it along with the almonds to the banana mixture before freezing. You still get the delicious chocolate and almonds throughout the popsicle, but no drizzling or sprinkling required. You can’t go wrong! ☺
These ‘banana pops’ would also make the perfect low key desserts for a summer gathering. No prep required on the day… the stuff stress-free dinner parties are made of! ☺
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend friends!
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt (or you could also use natural yoghurt)
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1½ tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 90g dark chocolate (I used Pana Chocolate raw cacao)
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp fleur de sel (flaked sea salt)
- Place the bananas, coconut yoghurt, pure maple and vanilla powder into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze overnight.
- Once the pops are frozen you are ready to add the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate over low heat (if you’re using raw chocolate, adding a little coconut oil while melting will often help keep it smooth).
- Set the chocolate aside to cool slightly. You don’t want it too hot when you drizzle it over the frozen pops.
- Remove the popsicles from the moulds and place onto a large piece of baking paper.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the popsicles, then sprinkle with almonds and sea salt.
- Place them back into the freezer for a couple of hours to firm up then they are ready to serve (they will keep in the freezer for a few weeks). Enjoy!
Click on the links below to print or save this recipe to your device.